Join us for the start and finish of a 6 day, 418 mile bike race presented by Ride the Rockies
The 33rd Tour will showcase the communities of Breckenridge, Edwards, Steamboat Springs, Grand Lake and Winter Park. Beginning and ending in Breckenridge, the ride will traverse through some of Colorado’s most popular mountain towns.
For more information visit: http://www.ridetherockies.com/
Presented by: Breck Epic
In general, the race is 240 miles long and ‘features’ roughly 40,000′ feet of vertical gain (and loss!) Courses get tweaked from year to year as new trails get built, decommissioned or authorized.
2018 STAGE ORDER (Date/Stage/Start/Finish/APPROX distance/elevation).
- Aug 5: Stage 1 – Pennsylvania Creek (Ice Rink/Carter Park) – 35 miles, 6000′
- Aug 6: Stage 2 – Colorado Trail (Lower Washington/B&B Lot) – 43 miles, 7200′
- Aug 7: Stage 3 – Guyot (Lower Washington/B&B Lot) – 41 miles, 8100′
- Aug 8: Stage 4 – Aqueduct (Lower Washington/B&B Lot) – 44 miles, 6300′
- Aug 9: Stage 5 – Wheeler (Beaver Run Parking Lot/Peaks TH) – 32 miles, 4900′
- Aug 10: Stage 6 – Gold Dust (Ice Rink/Ice Rink) 30 miles, 4800′
- Stage 7 is also on Friday. Bring your drinkin’ hat, your dancin’ shoes, some personal sanitizer and your stunt liver.
Experience the ultimate race in the ultimate location. Spartan is coming to Breckenridge on August 18th and 19th. Racers from around the world travel to participate in one of the most challenging race around. For more information on how to train, participate or just watch, visit: https://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/3514/overview